The best way to avoid a DUI arrest in South Florida (Miami, Broward, West Palm Beach) is to not drink and drive. Simple right? However, if you are planning to go out and party here are some recommendations to make sure that you wake up anywhere other than the county jail.
- Don’t Drive to the Bar – You can either walk or catch a ride with a friend.
- Designated Driver – If you’re going out with a group of friends come to an agreement with the group that one of you will act as the designated driver who makes sure everyone gets home safely.
- Have a fully charged cell phone – Make sure before you leave the house or office that your phone is fully charged. If you aren’t able to fully charge at home bring a charge so you can charge at the bar.
- Call for a Friend for a Ride Home – The reason for the fully charged phone is to be able to call a friend or family member for a ride home if you went to the bar solo.
- Call an Uber/Lyft – If your friends aren’t answering call an Uber/Lyft/Cab to take you home.
If you are charged with a DUI make sure you hire the right lawyer to protect your rights.
Houson R. Lafrance